Lewis has had a vision in his head of what coffee table he wants for a very long time. He wanted me to agree to him buying a table and then him cutting a hole in it. I didn't like that idea. So then he just decided he could make one. So a few weeks ago we went and bought wood and a saw. Lewis sat with one leg in the house and the other out of the house and sawed and painted and sanded, not in that order. I don't have that many pictures of him actually working on it (we were watching Blue Collar Comedy Tour) but here is the finished product. When the sun is out I'll take better pictures. Also - notice how the stain matches the television stain we made? Nice. Home made furniture for under $50. Gotta love it. The dog is doing well too! 



2 comments:
I think the Table is very pretty and functional. I think that it requires a pretty plant or fresh flowers on a constant basis, or some other attractive item. You could put treasures in the space and then cover it with glass.
I think it is a great conversation piece.
Anita
Table looks great, very creative! Looks like it can double as a foot rest.
ElaineH
Post a Comment