Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow

There is 3 to 6 in of new snow in Pittsburg, KS. I, Anita, am visiting Grandmother and Carolyn. I have been here since Jan 10. Mom and I went to Stacy's on the 12th. That day we just got ahead of a bad ice storm that followed us through KS and OK. We had a good time in Dallas (Addison). The weather was not great so we spent most of the time in Stacy and Lewis' Apartment. We played games watched football and Stacy learned to knit (see "Stacy Speaks"). We planned to head home but on Tuesday the roads didn't look good in OK and on Wed there was a surprise Ice event in Dallas so Thursday was the chosen day to head home. On the ride Oklahome looked like some of the scenes in Dr Zhivago. The trees were covered with a thick layer of ice, they were all bent over, many were breaking under the weight of ice.
I am planning to leave for Ohio tomorrow. I think the roads will be fine.
Hope this finds all well and warm.
Anita

No comments: