Tuesday, March 29, 2005

From Boston: Easter with Stacy

Well Easter Sunday was a bit of a bust. Lewis and I were supposed to meet my Dad at 8:30 to go to church at 9:00 on base. Well ... we overslept. I know. I know. I don't get it. I get up every single day at 6:30 to go to work. Every single day. I'm at work every day at or before 9. But the one day I had to meet my Dad I sleep through the alarm. Not good. Dad was less than thrilled. We hurried up and got ready and met him for our brunch reservation at the club.


Alls well that ends well


Lewis's parents (my future in-laws) drove up from Houston (did I mention they are crazy?) in their RV this weekend and we all went out to dinner last night. Dad included. We had a good time, chit chatted a little bit and mentioned the wedding and pre-marital counseling. Nothing crazy. Lewis's parents and Lew and I are going out to dinner this evening and I think they head down to Virginia to visit their other two sons tomorrow. Their oldest son in Richmond just had a new baby boy last month.

Work is going good. I'm kept very busy and have a lot of new designer responsibilities which I really like. I'm also doing all of the event planning for the group this year (there are about 15 regional events that I will manage, plus one trade show in April). I'm hoping these growing skills will help me plan my wedding!

I plan on updating the engagement site this week, possibly tomorrow, to reflect the decisions that have been made in the past few days. So if you are interested ... look there for updates!

Great to hear from the Midwest / Western folks! I was also pleased to see Megan and Brian writing. Communication is great! And Brian just emailed me to ask about creating his own website, so look for that in the coming months too!

Take care everyone ... Happy Easter! I am so happy Spring is on the way! I can feel it around the corner! This snow can't melt fast enough!

~ Stacy

No comments: