Saturday, November 19, 2005

So What'd Ya Think?

But before we start with that, here's an interesting tidbit. *Eyebrows raise and pinkie to chin ala Dr. Evil*

As for the movie....(What movie? THE movie, silly!)

So much for IMAX--the reel broke on our film and we had to wait an hour and a half for them to fix it! It really sucked, but we got free passes and popcorn and stuff. And after about an hour a guy dressed as Dumbledore stood up and very dramatically pointed his wand at the screen and shouted, "Repairo!" So, hey, it wasn't a total loss.

And Ralph Finnes was the most amazing Voldemort--just like I had imagined. Gambon still absolutely sucks as Dumbledore. Other than that I was a little surprised at some of the choices they made--e.g. huge long dragon chase at the expense of things like the Dursleys and more explanation about Barty Crouch Jr. And I was a little irritated that they altered the speech Dumbledore makes at the end ('cause that's one of my favorites and the change just wasn't necessary at all!). But overall, not bad.

I would be curious to hear from someone who hasn't read the book (don't know if anyone fits that description in this family!)--seemed like it might have been a little difficult to follow some parts if you didn't already know what was going on?

Anyway, what did everyone think?

No comments: