Tee-hee--but seriously, some good news from Lawrence.
For those of you not up to speed, in March I was hired to work a 5 month term as a clerk for the Kansas Court of Appeals to fill a slot created by someone who left her term early for another job. In the meantime, the legislature approved more funding for the court, which created another clerk position. However, because of court/government procedure, even though I was already here, I had to apply and interview for the job just like everyone else.
Interviews were the week before the 4th and I thought mine went horribly. It's never a fun process, and interviewing for a job you already have is extremely weird. They had nothing new to say, I had nothing new to say--so I started babbling which is never good. I was fearing fast approaching unemployment.
But, my boss came in this morning and offered me the job. Barring a set of highly unlikely circumstances, I will be gainfully employed here until August 2008. Hoo-rah for me.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment