Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Holiday Bowl!

Mary you are absolutely right! For all of those out there who didn't know, Texas Tech University (the premier University in the state of Texas, you know) won the Holiday bowl defeating, no, slaughtering Cal! And Cal was crying about BCS fairness, and oh we should be playing University of Texas in a BCS game not the crummy TTU Red Raiders!

Well Cal -- Take this! A 45-31 loss to the 23 ranked team in the nation!

I think this deserves some time on the Stacy Speaks page.... Thanks for reminding me, Mary. But for all you "What's Texas Tech and really? They have a football team?" people out there --- Sonny Cumbie threw for over 520 yards and three touch down passes. A record. Tech ranked 17th nationally at the close of the season.

I only wish my dear, dear Kliff Kingsbury had been able to bring Tech this glory....

But like any good Tech student ... I'll take the glory anyway I can get it!

On a serious note ... my thoughts and prayers are with your family Mary. Thanks for the update.

No comments: