Wednesday, July 20, 2005

James C. Severs

On July 14th 2005 James C. Severs passed away in his sleep at age 92. He had been in the hospital for a few days but was not in pain and was very aware of his surroundings and situation. His funeral was July 18 and he is buried in Springhill cemetery, Parsons, KS. For his funeral Stacy Eichhorn and Kenda Fischer worked together to prepare remembrances of their Granddad. In a pamphlet, they quoted dad from a piece he had written in 1980. He said; "As I look back over some of the life experiences, I fell I have been very fortunate and blessed in many ways. Even though my life experiences have lead in many directions, I still enjoy good health and I have never lacked for the necessities of life. My wife, children, family and God have helped me deal with life's heartaches and blessings. My wife has always been at my side and aided my more times than I ever realize. I feel I have lived and enjoyed a full life with many of God's rich blessings"
I think that my dad would have felt these words continued to apply through the end of his life. I don't think that anyone could really ask for more. My dad was a good and quiet man who lived his life guided by high morals and the golden rule. He lived a good life. He was a good example.
Anita Eichhorn

No comments: