Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Family News. Update on JC Severs

Dad was released from the hospital on Tuesday Oct 5th. He seems to be doing well. Mom is still fighting a cold but I think she is better.

Ohio is good. David and I are going to TN tomorrow. We lived there two and a half years and now we are going to see the Smokey Mountains while we live in OH.

Hopefully, will have pictures.
Anita

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I am trying this again, Not sure it is going to help, but I am trying again. Mom and Dad sounded better today, Mom received good news about her hip, her joints are in good shape and DOES NOT need surgery, she is going to Physcial Therapy. Dad goes for a shot on Wednesday, to build up his blood again, and the doctor is also sending him to physcial therapy. They sounded good this afternoon, I try to see them about everyother day. It is going to get a little busy around here, I am scholar bowl sponsor at school, and have practices and tournaments to attend, I share this another sponsor, hopefully we can work it out some.
Blaine and Meryl are great, they have a "Fall Break" this Thursday and Friday, they are going to travel to Paris, Texas to look at a Junior College, for Blaine to attend a jewelry repair program maybe summer of 2005, not sure what Meryl is going to do, but anyway the are going for a visit. Dennis has an aunt and uncle that live there, they might visit them while they are there. Blaine and Meryl will be home for the weekend after their trip to Texas.
Kenda, Kris and Emma are fine, Emma is growing up so fast, talking up a storm, she is 19 months and going strong. So far she is the only one to receive a flu shot the rest of us are going to suffer, I guess.
Dennis is into smoking a great deal of pork, between a friend and Dennis they have 4 small hogs to cook up, he is experimenting with different recipes and different woods, so far everything has been very good and eatable.
Take care Love to everyone Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Well I'm going to try again to see if this works. I can't remember how to post a comment that gets printed so everyone knows that I've added something. Oh--well.

I'm off to Montana on Friday for a few days. On Sunday we are putting mom's ashes in the leg of a bench that will act as a head stone for both dad and mom. Dad has arranged for a minister to do a ceremony. Hard to believe that she has been gone for over a year. I am also going to help Dad will all the "stuff" at the house as he and Cordilla have been working on it. Susan says that is suppose to snow while I'm there so to bring winter clothes. I've been attempting to keep them packed away but I guess its time to bring them out. Mark seems to be doing ok with is leg. Gets the cast off the end of the month and will go to a boot. It will be a slow process before he can walk on his own. He is hoping that he won't have a limp and looks forward to being about to walk without assistance.

This last weekend we had a 50th birthday party for Bill with his family and it was lots of fun. They brought "gag" gifts and we enjoyed a prime rib dinner. His brother and sister spent the night Friday night so we had company most of the weekend. To top the weekend off the Badgers beat Purdue and the Packers finally won a game. This weekend is Homecoming so Kate is excited about that and keeping her fingers crossed that the Badgers beat Northwestern. People are already talking Rose Bowl which is a little early.

I'm off to Eau Claire, Wisconsin to do some teaching for the next two days so Bill will be home for several days by himself. We're hoping that the weather cooperates as he wants to start working on building his "toy shed" or what he calls as a additional two car garage. Its to house all his "extra tools" that we need for living in the country.

We had lots of excitment the other night as the dogs had their first encounter with a skunk! of course it happened at 11 at night and about 12:30 we finally got into bed. Boy is that smell hard to get out. It stained the house siding and we still can't get it out of Romeo's collar. As you can tell we have lots of excitment around here!! HA! Ha!

Not much else so will close. Will try to teach Dad how to read and send messages with this when I'm home. He needs a knew computer and he's gone so much it will be hard to tell if he participates. If not I can forward the news on to him. I have to get into the habit of looking at the blob.

Take care and love
Mary B-P