Lewis had his district meetings in Dallas last week, so I was on my own from Wednesday till late yesterday afternoon. I'd love to say I did something extremely fabulous with the time to myself, but the truth is I mainly just cleaned house and watched TV.
Fast times, I know.
But it was good. Lew said the meetings went very well and he came home pleased. He also was able to spend time with old friends of ours from college and relax a little bit on Saturday. Which is always nice.
The weather in Boston is quickly turning cold. The leaves are all bright colors and the wind is blowing and theirs a strange, almost arctic chill in the air! I feel snow in my future. BRRR!!
Hopefully it holds off for a little while longer. At least until around Thanksgiving time. I won't hold my breath. I don't suggest that you do either!
My parents are coming to visit October 26th and 27th. Which is to say, Dad has business in Boston and they will be briefly in town. Lew and I may be able to meet them for dinner on the 26th, quickly, because Dad has a night time function at 7. So we'll be rushing around at 5pm to try and make time for each other. At least they are visiting. I don't get to see my family nearly enough.
The people here that I know and talk to are always trying to convince me to travel to Europe. I gently point out that I would rather take my time off and spend my money on visiting my family. They balk at that and say I have to quit spending my time that way. Different priorities I guess.
Whereas traveling to Europe would be wonderful, and I'd love to visit my friend Emily (which is an idea for next spring / summer!) I've spent several years more than a thousand miles away from my family, and I don't know that I will ever live close to them again. Seeing them when it is possible is far more important to me than seeing the Eifel Tower or Big Ben.
But my family is very important to me. And I realize that the same priorities cant be dolled out to everyone.
At any rate ... I'm rambling now. I just wanted to say hello and update everyone. Stay tuned for pictures from TCU v. Army and Lew and I's trip to the farm!
Monday, October 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment